Courtesy of Legally Blonde Blog
It's only been 48 hours, and I'm already freaking out. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I would regain my life and sanity after taking the LSAT Saturday.
Courtesy of Meme Generator
My brain turned to mush after the test Saturday, so doing homework was out of the question. What did I do instead?
I needed to make something to bring to my UF Journalism and Communications Ambassadors (JCA) new member retreat. The Best Ever Vegan Avocado Chocolate Birthday Cake has become my go-to dessert for gatherings, but I didn't have enough chocolate to make the cake.
Luckily, I had enough brain power to create a fall-inspired version. I was aiming for a dense, thick blondie texture. However, my tinkering created a hearty-but-fluffy cake that's as moist as the original.
The cake actually reminded me of a slightly undercooked oatmeal raisin cookie. Needless to say, I couldn't complain!
After all, healthy cake = brain fuel.
Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Snack Cake
Makes 20 small snack squares
Total Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 small avocado, mashed
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mash avocado in a small bowl. Stir in pumpkin, brown sugar, almond milk, applesauce and raisins.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry until everything is well-combined.
- Spray an 8-by-8 inch pan with cooking spray. Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake the cake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- You pick: chocolate or vanilla birthday cake?
- You pick: chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin cookies?
Related HGG Posts:
Best Ever Vegan Avocado Chocolate Birthday Cake
Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies