It's ready-to-impress but incredibly easy to make (a.k.a. always a winner in my book).
You're welcome :)
Overnight Strawberries and Cream French Toast
Recipe slightly adapted form i heart eating
Total Preparation and Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Eight slices Arnold 100% Whole Wheat Bread, cut into cubes
- Eight ounces Neufchatel cream cheese, cubed
- 2.5 cups fresh, sliced strawberries
- Six large eggs
- One cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Layer half of the bread cubes on the bottom of a greased, deep pie or casserole dish.
- Place the cream cheese cubes on the bread cubes. Layer the sliced strawberries on top of the cream cheese. Cover with the remaining bread cubes.
- Combine the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Mix well.
- Pour egg mixture on bread. Use your fingers to gently push the bread down. This step will allow the bread to absorb the egg mixture.Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Take the dish out of the refrigerator and leave on the counter while preheating the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Uncover and bake for about 30-40 minutes. Let cool five minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- What is your favorite breakfast casserole?
- Do you reserve certain breakfast dishes for special occasions?
Related HGG Posts:
Baked Cinnamon Apple French Toast with Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter Banana French Toast
Chocolate, Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
Of Possible Interest:
10 Amazing Breakfast Casseroles - Prevention.com
10 Healthy Breakfast Casseroles Under 300 Calories - Taste of Home.com
6 Easy Breakfast Casseroles - Health.com